RE: One library or many?

Whether individual institutions need individual libraries is a separate
question - my personal view is that they do.

I think what Joe was suggesting is that the Heather had not quite made the
case for local storage of all resources at all institutions.

This would seem counter-intuitive given the general trend of libraries
accessing the electronic copy remotely and in many instances also
cancelling the print copy previously held locally.

Perhaps Heather would like to expand on the cost gains to be had from
local hosting?

Chris Beckett