Re: One library or many?

This debate was originally presented by Andrew Odlyzko in 1999
Competition and Cooperation: Libraries and Publishers in the Transition to Electronic Scholarly Journals
Journal of Electronic Publishing Vol. 4, No. 4, June, 1999
http://www.press.umich.edu/jep/04-04/odlyzko0404.html

There are real issues here, and real pressures that are being driven by
real change, more so now, even though libraries, especially digital
libraries, have changed significantly since 1999.

Steve Hitchcock