Self-correction (RE: Costs of open access publishing - the Wellcome Trust)

Sorry, everyone -- my reference to "PLoS' price hike" below was
ill-informed.  I should have said "PLoS' pricing."  In other words, the
fact that PLoS feels it necessary to charge $1,500 is evidence that OA
advocates' earlier cost estimates ($500 per article) were too optimistic.
PLoS has never, to my knowledge, hiked its author charges.

----
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition
University of Nevada, Reno Libraries