Re: Journals, Peer-Reviewed Journals, Open-Access Journals, OpenAccess

Today, on a snowy New England Sunday, I trolled randomly through a number
of Open Access titles in STM; while some are well established and are
carrying a visible amount of traffic, many seem to be very regional or
specialized and others are (still) very thin in content.  I clicked
randomly on about 10 of the BMC titles and while some seem robust, many so
far have few contributions.  Sally's comment below looks right:  one
cannot (yet) assign to OA journals anywhere near the same average number
of articles as to established subscription journals.  Ann Okerson