FW: OUP online missing content

I thought it would be helpful for me to clarify Oxford University Press's
position regarding online content of the journal Glycobiology. The pages
that Carole Richter Pilkinton was looking for online (453-503, volume 2,
issue 5) originate from a journal issue published in 1992, which is not
available online. Glycobiology commenced online publication with Volume 8
in 1998, so currently pages published in 1992 exist in print only.
Subscribers with a current subscription to Glycobiology have access to a
full text archive going back to 1998, but beyond that the archive is
currently entirely a print archive.

As a University Press we believe we have a key role to play in ensuring
that the information we publish is both accessible and secure for the
future. With this in mind, OUP is currently planning a number of
initiatives that will help support our library customers in their move
from print to online-only access for journal content. This includes the
archiving of materials originally published in print-only format. We will
be providing more details on these initiatives over the coming months.

Rachel Goode
Communications Manager
Journals Division
Oxford University Press