IEEE online statistics now available

Of possible interest to readers of liblicense-l.  Ann Okerson

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:57:27 -0500
From: m.petro@ieee.org
To: ann.okerson@yale.edu
Subject: IEEE online statistics now available

Dear Ann,

The IEEE's online customer usage web site is now available. We thank all
our customers for their patience and understanding as we developed this
site for your use. Following are the instructions as to how you can
receive your user name and password to begin accessing your user
statistics.

In order to access statistics, the primary contact for the subscriber
should visit: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/onlinestats/ (be sure to include
the final slash)

Security of each subscriber's usage reports is very important to us, so we
have measures in place to safeguard information.

Once a user is on the site they will see a link to request a
username/password.  We will permit only one username/password per
subscription, and only the primary contact for the subscription will be
given one.  If Customer Service is unclear which contact is primary, they
will query the account manager.  In most cases, the request for a username
and password will be fulfilled in 48 hours or less.  The primary contact
may choose to share the username/password with others at their
institution. Please note that an IEEE Xplore username/password will not
work on the usage site.

Once the user name and password is set up, customers can visit the site
and access the usage information that we have been distributing monthly:
PDFs downloaded, abstracts downloaded, and denials.  There are also FAQs,
contact information, and terms of use.  Customers will be able to easily
download the usage for their accounts using a link on the reports page.

IEEE's customer service group is handling account set up and customer and
technical support.  There is a "contact us" link on the site for
subscribers who need technical support.

If you have any other questions or comments please feel free to contact
me. Thanks for your continued support.

Yours truly

Michael Petro
Eastern Customer Account Manager
voice mail: 800-701-4333, option 2,  option 7, ext.3992
NY office: 914-216-8982
fax 732-981-9334
m.petro@ieee.org
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org