RE: Shrinkwrap contract on books

> "The Maryland Bar Assn., along with hundreds of other trade groups, is
> shrink-wrapping a contract with many of its publications. The contract is
> meant to be binding on anyone who breaks the plastic seal. Among its
> terms: No reselling, loaning, or giving away the book.

Interesting.  I wonder if the terms of the license are viewable through
the shrinkwrap?  If not, it seems to me that the "contract" would not be
binding in a non-UCITA state.

Rick Anderson
Director of Resource Acquisition
The University Libraries
University of Nevada, Reno          "Beware any theory that
1664 No. Virginia St.                explains everything and
Reno, NV  89557                      predicts nothing."
PH  (775) 784-6500 x273              -- Richard C. Galbraith
FX  (775) 784-1328
rickand@unr.edu