Re: digest 950

RE: Jurisdiction and Choice of Law.

I have found the best solution, when there is an intractable conflict of
jurisdiction, is to come to agreement with the Vendor to remain silent on
the issue. I have found vendors to be agreeable to that solution. We
strike out the provision in both sets of terms & conditions. Our first
effort is to use California law, since we're an agency of the City &
County, and very often that is not a problem. But when the Vendor cannot
make that change, and we absolutely want to acquire the resource, we can
usually get the silence approved. Sybil Boutilier

Sybil L. Boutilier
San Francisco Public Library
Civic Center
San Francisco, CA 94102