Re: license jurisdiction related to pricing

         I find such a concept ultimately unappealing.  The major (but not
only) problem is that the issue of jurisdiction is not optional for state
institutions.  In Ohio (and I have been advised, most if not all other
states) that jurisdiction is an issue of state sovereignty that could be
waived only by the state attorney general.  Given that it is not really an
option for public institutions, I would find it hard to justify
subscription system that favored private institutions for which it is an
option. Given the absence of cases, I can see no basis for discriminatory
pricing.

K. Mulliner       Collection Development Coordinator
Ohio University Libraries        Phone:  740-593-2707
Athens, OH 45701-2978, USA       FAX:    740-593-2708
mulliner@ohio.edu