RE: ALPSP statement on e-publishing.

The new york area market is probably pathological, but the sort of person
who was expecting a total compensation package of $150,000 2 years ago,
including options and what not, will be lucky today to see 6 figures.

Like spot oil prices, this is looking at the maximum fluctuations and
would not reflect average compensations which would tend to hold steady
where the jobs still exist. But a recent salary survey indicated that IT
professionals saw compensations dip, the first such decline in many years.
http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/17508.html