RE: Kluwer Online Journals: A solution

In situations like this, where the problem is the access control rather
than the source data, the best course for publishers is to simply make
access free to everyone until they have fixed the problem. It offers them
the opportunity of providing a free public trial for a short period, as
well as avoiding disappointing their existing customers. They could easily
put in a page explaining this, and making a major public relations problem
into a free advertising opportunity.

David Goodman, Princeton University Biology Library
dgoodman@princeton.edu            609-258-3235