Re: Developing nations initiatives

Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:23:23 EST
 From: Peter Suber
 To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
 Subject: Re: Developing nations initiatives

 Here are a few more I left off the list I sent yesterday:

 Best of Science (the journal)
 http://bestofscience.free.fr
 (author fees waived or reduced for authors from developing countries)

 SciDev
 http://www.scidev.net/
 (free science news and information relevant to development)

 ScienceWeek
 http://www.scienceweek.com/freesub.htm
 (free subscriptions to developing countries)

 If you also count declarations of principle, then here are a few:

 Best of Science (the declaration)
 http://bestofscience.free.fr/icsu.html
 (from ICSU and UNESCO)

 Declaration of Havana Towards Equitable Access to Health Information
 http://www.bireme.br/crics5/I/declara.htm

 Declaration of San Jose; Towards the Virtual Health Library

 Peter Suber, Professor of Philosophy
 Earlham College, Richmond, Indiana, 47374
 Email peters@earlham.edu
 Web http://www.earlham.edu/~peters

 Editor, The Free Online Scholarship Newsletter
 http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/