Re: National Online: Nature and Others... (like SCIENCE)

I'm curious about one aspect of AW's long (and interesting) message today.
I've excerpted below.  My question:  other than Science, what journals
does AW consult for doing his scientific research, and how does he do this
without "working" in any of the three university libraries he has access
to (physically and, presumably, virtually).

I can understand "research groups" who consider libraries irrelevant for
print materials, because they have the funds to subscribe to their own;
there's a long history of this (at institutional duplicative cost, but
what do they care if the grant supports it?).  But if the relevant
institutional library is subscribing on their behalf, how would they see
it as harder to log on through the library than with their own, expensive,
individual account?  --pg

Anthony Watkinson wrote:

> I am a personal subscriber to Science as an AAAS member. I have access to
> three university libraries but do not "work" in any university. I very
> rarely use the libraries concerned.

[....]

--
Peter S. Graham    Syracuse University Library    psgraham@syr.edu
Syracuse, NY 13244-2010 315/443-5530  fax 315/443-2060 NW4.7 w1/01