From: ken.berger@duke.edu [mailto:ken.berger@duke.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 6:34 AM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Re: Nature Contract Provisions

Academic institutions should see that version of the license:

http://www.nature.com/help/sitelicences/licence_agreements/nature_americas_a
c.pdf

The  two  versions are basically the same, with certain obvious differences
(e.g., authorized users, downloading in support of teaching).
- The aforementioned section 4.5 is the same in both.
- Note as well section 6.5 (in both).
- Section 7.8 appears only in the academic version.
- Section  10.4  in  the  academic  is 10.5 in the corporate; 10.4 in the
  corporate ("the Licensee shall reimburse the Licensor for any loss. . .")
  does not appear in the academic.

--Ken

Kenneth W. Berger
Electronic Resources Librarian