Re: Nature Letter

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:51:15 EST Kim Armstrong
<kim_Armstrong@unc.edu> wrote:

# Colleagues:
#
# The Triangle Research Libraries Network has also written a
# letter to Nature explaining our objections to their license
# terms. A copy of the letter is posted on our website:
# http://www.trln.org/Nature.pdf

I spoke to someone today in the New York office of Nature, and she told me
that there are certain "technological"  problems they need to work out in
order to provide full access to online content for institutional
subscribers.  She assured me that Nature does not wish to delay access to
any part of its content, and that as soon as the technology enables them
to do so, they will be offering full access to its institutional
subscribers.  She also said a new pricing structure will be introduced on
April 1st, so hopefully the access issues may also be worked out by then
too.

Jonathan Lord /Asst Director for Collection Development
Univ of Virginia Health Sciences Library
P.O. Box 800722 / Charlottesville, VA 22908-0722
804-924-0059 / FAX: 804-243-5873
E-Mail: JonLord@Virginia.edu