Chuck Hamaker/Ebsco Full-Text Databases Post

impact on print subscriptions, I would like to say I wish what he suggests
is happening is actually happening. In fact, MIT Press has done telephone
follow-up with non-renewed library subscribers to some of our oldest,
established, highly-cited journals, and we have definitely had responses
indicating that librarians had cancelled because of the journal's
availability in a full-text database. Some database products were even
named specifically. As a result, we are definitely reviewing whether we
want to remain in these types of products.

Janet Fisher
Associate Director for Journals Publishing
The MIT Press