Re: high priced journals

David,

This is of course an extension of our Charleston debate -- but --you can't
measure use without owning the item.  As package owners know, things you
didn't own -- are used.  Moreover, the issue is cross title and cross
publisher linking.  The library that allows the most linking is the best
library.  Tony

Anthony W. Ferguson
Associate University Librarian
514 Butler
Columbia University Libraries MC1103
535 West 114th Street
New York, NY 10027
Tel. 212-854-7401
Fax. 212-854-9099 (new fax number!!!!!!!!!!!)
Net: ferguson@Columbia.edu

____