Re: Who is the subscriber

I have to disagree with the assertion that maintaining current (or higher)
pricing for any given library is necessarily sound economics. Henry Ford
lowered the price of automobiles and thereby dramatically increased the
size of the market. Have publishers considered the possibility that lower
prices and licensee-friendly terms might increase the size of _their_
market?

The analogy to labor markets is flawed, Rick, because the publisher can
"sell" the same information over and over, but you can't sell the same
block of your time over and over.

	--David Shumaker