Re: Converting book into digital format?

Is Indonesia a signatory to the World Intellectual Property Organization
Treaties?  (Or any of the earlier international copyright treaties?  If
so, then the Indonesian government should provide some form of licensing
agency (recognized by, or a member of WIPO).  You could try contacting
said agency to negotiate a license for the electronic copy.

Failing that, you could try contacting WIPO direct to see if they can be
of help.  Their URL is:  http://www.wipo.org/eng/ Good-luck on your
endeavor.  I am afraid that there will be great reluctance to permit
copying of the entire book.  Do let us know if you are successful.

Sincerely,
Don Wassink
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology

____