Re: Converting book into digital format?

Margaret Becker sends the following message:

To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu, sliawati@binus.ac.id
Subject: RE: Converting book into digital format?
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 21:26:28 -0400

Dear Mr. Liawatimena,

You must submit your request in writing (email is fine) to the publisher
(or copyright holder) specifying exactly what you want to do.  Even though
the content may only be viewed, it may be subject to a royalty.  The
publisher can tell you that.  If emails don't work, try fax.  In any
event, the copyright holder MUST approve anything of this nature.  If
you've sent anything to Lippincott Williams & Wilkins and haven't had a
response, please let me know.

thanks,
Margaret A. Becker
Group Director & Publisher