ingenta institute

I have just come across some useful items which are relevant to a number
of current "threads" on the site of the ingenta institute, an organisation
presumably modelled on the Faxon Institute of the past. As I live within
eight miles (terrestrially) from ingenta HQ and did not know of this
initiative it occurs to me that many on the other side of the Ocean may
not know either.

Up on the site at www.ingenta.com/home/ingentainstitute.htm are the
proceedings of a conference on User Behaviour in the Online Scholarly
Research Environment. Contents include an evaluation by Jan Velterop of
the success of IDEAL, a major contribution on the user behaviour among
social scientists, Jonathan Newby of Elsevier on portals, and some other
contributions or more than ordinary use.

Anthony Watkinson
14, Park Street, Bladon, Woodstock,
Oxon, England OX20 1RW
phone +44 1993 811561 and fax 01993 810067