Re: Library logos for web resources

Peter McDonald makes a very good point.  We have been striving to get full
IP access to all of our electronic resources, which essentially means that
a faculty member surfing the web has no more reason to believe that these
resources were purchased by the library for his/her research.  Being out
of the minds of our faculty will be the kiss of death for academic
libraries.  I also feel that we should have our logo displayed on remote
resources, and can't think of a strong technical reason why this would be
difficult for vendors to do.  Let's start negotiating for this.

Philip Davis, Life Sciences Bibliographer
Mann Library, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
(607) 255-7192 ;  (607) 255-0318 fax
pmd8@cornell.edu