Re[2]: If electronic is to replace paper

     As well as the distinction between access and preservation which Sally
     Morris makes (and with which I agree) there is a further distinction
     which I feel should be made in this debate.

     That is the distinction between electronic journals which are
     available only in electronic format and those which are also available
     in paper format.

     Laudable as the efforts of those publishers such as Elsevier are, I
     see no need why it is necessary for them to go to these lengths if the
     content of their journals will be preserved by others in paper format.

     The argument of continuing access to material which is also published
     in paper is one (of the many) risk(s) that those who have chosen to go
     down the electronic route must face.

     Andrew Braid
     The British Library