Re: Libraries and archiving (Re: RE: If electronic is to replace paper)

>On the technical side Ted Freeman is doing a disservice to the library
>community, if not perhaps to the interests of his own commercial
>organisation, if he portrays the technicalities of archiving of electronic
>material as easy to handle particularly insofar as these technicalities
>involve migration/emulation and how you handle links.

Pardon me, but I believe my point was just the opposite. Storing or
"archiving" data is easy. Delivering it effectively to users is hard.

                               Ted Freeman
                    Director of Electronic Publishing

Allen Press, Inc.               Voice:  800-627-0326 x170
1041 New Hampshire St.    Fax:    785-843-1244
Lawrence, KS 66044          <mailto:tfreeman@allenpress.com>