[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: What does Tasini mean for us librarians?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: RE: What does Tasini mean for us librarians?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:30:23 EDT
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
The statement about newspapers holding copyright for articles written by their employees is correct, but having been a reporter, I can tell you that newspapers also buy articles from freelancers frequently and copyright would be blurred in those instances. That would also be true with photographs and other "art" purchased from freelancers. "Freelance" material is most frequently found in "magazine," sports and other special sections. Jane Kleiner Associate Dean of Libraries for Collection Services The LSU Libraries Louisiana State University Baton Rouge, LA 70803 Phone: 225-388-2217 Fax: 225-388-6825 E-Mail: email@example.com