Re:What does Tasini mean for us librarians?

Shirley Lambert of Scarecrow press sends the following message:

From: slambert@scarecrowpress.com
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:16:10 -0500
To: <liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu>
Subject: Re:What does Tasini mean for us librarians?

Those of us who read the decision the same way, and, in fact, assumed that
such a decision was inevitable, have been careful to include language in
our contracts so that, going forward, we have the rights to republish
electronically, and we also set a royalty payment for that type of
publishing that is different from the other rights that we sell. For older
works, we have asked permission when it wasn't clear, and when the
contract (we have several different versions) was broad enough, we have
licensed and we pay royalties on the sales.

Shirley Lambert
Associate Publisher and Editorial Director
Scarecrow Press
4720 Boston Way
Lanham, MD  20706
Direct line: 301-731-9514