Threaded Index

Re: Using Subscription Agents

One of the attractions to me in using a subscription agent for electronic
journals is that they offer a uniform interface, usually with a search
engine, for their aggregated journals. I'm referring to such services as
Blackwell's Electronic Journal Navigator, EBSCO Online, and Faxon/Dawson's
IQ. I wouldn't want to rely on one of those vendor services as the only
access to the electronic journals to which my library subscribes
(especially since some publishers do not allow their journals to be
included), but in order to be able to maximize the usage of ejournals, we
need to provide as many gateways as we can, especially if the gateway will
lead to many journals and provides more than browsability.

Donnie Curtis
Head of Collection Services
New Mexico State University Library

http://lib.nmsu.edu/staff/dcurtis/dc.html