Threaded Index

Re: Passwords for Remote Access

At Johns Hopkins, we have been using IP screening and it has worked fairly
well, except in cases where we are offering a service such as Winspirs
access to Silverplatter databases which requires PPP access.  The problem:
not all of our students are eligible for PPP accounts at JHU, and are
using commercial accounts.

Unfortunately, the character client via telnet in this case isn't very
elegant.

Maureen Beck
Coordinator of Electronic Information
Eisenhower Library