[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
"No Authors Have Been Harmed in the Making of This Library"
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: "No Authors Have Been Harmed in the Making of This Library"
- From: "B.G. Sloan" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 19:42:06 EDT
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
>From the Electronic Frontier Foundation website (re: the Author's Guild lawsuit against the Hathi Trust): "We've been puzzling over the Authors Guild's decision to sue several university libraries for participating in the digitization and storage of millions of works (largely in connection with the Google Books project) and making scans of some of those works available to the academic community. Simply put, it appears that the Guild is dead set on wasting time and money addressing imaginary harms, whether or not its efforts might actually benefit either its members or the public." See: http://bit.ly/nrNtJp Bernie Sloan
- Prev by Date: Additional Publishers Preserve with the CLOCKSS Archive
- Next by Date: Ithaka S+R "'Case Studies in Sustainability" Updates Released
- Previous by thread: Additional Publishers Preserve with the CLOCKSS Archive
- Next by thread: Re: "No Authors Have Been Harmed in the Making of This Library"