From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu on behalf of Sally Morris
Sent: Tue 10/6/2009 10:22 AM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Changing the game

I agree with J-C that publishers are not, in themselves, important; however
neither, as an end in themselves, are researchers - the point of research is to
benefit society.  It does appear, though, that in pursuing their aims
researchers do find some of the functions currently carried out by publishers
are actually helpful.

Sally Morris