Association for Psychological Science chooses SAGE

Dear Ann, I will be sending you information that may be of
interest to your readers going forward on behalf of SAGE. You
have worked with my colleague Valerie Johns in the past.

Thank you.

Sheenagh McCarthy
Senior Marketing Manager
Library Group
SAGE Publications Inc

***Apologies for cross-posting***

The Association for Psychological Science chooses SAGE to publish
its prestigious journals

SAGE is very pleased to announce it has signed a 10-year
agreement to partner with the Association for Psychological
Science (APS) to publish its four journals beginning in 2010. The
journals are Psychological Science, one of the most prestigious
and highly cited journals in the field, Current Directions in
Psychological Science, Psychological Science in the Public
Interest and Perspectives on Psychological Science.

The Association for Psychological Science was founded in 1988 as
the American Psychological Society and has grown into a
significant and vibrant organization whose impact on national
policy is well recognized. The science of psychology and the
academic and scientific exchange valued by scholars in the field
have advanced enormously over the past 20 years, inspired and
shaped in no small way by the APS. It is a strong voice for
psychology, including for researchers, teachers, applied
scientists, clinical scientists, students, and more. Its journals
are among the best in the field.

'APS' publishing program is in an era of transition due to the
growth and success of the journals,' said APS Executive Director
Alan Kraut. 'We chose SAGE as the publishing partner best suited
to helping us develop and support this growth over the next 10
years.'

APS' goal for its journals is the timely communication of
exemplary science in a format accessible to a variety of
audiences. Publishers' proposals were judged on the quality of
their programs and services and on the publisher's commitment to
psychological science.

'Discussions with the APS began as much as two years ago,' said
Alison Mudditt, SAGE Executive Vice President. 'We couldn't be
more pleased that APS has selected SAGE as the publisher best
suited to help it face the challenges ahead. We are proud of our
partnerships with many leading associations, and are delighted to
be working with APS to grow and strengthen their program, as well
as our own position in this dynamic field.'