Pricing Policies for European Endocrinology Societies

Learned societies exist to support universities' research programs and your scientists. As a group of small societies that publish some of the leading science and clinical journals in endocrinology and reproduction, we are responding to the calls from librarians for flexibility and restraint on price rises and in the following ways

* Keeping price rises for US institutions especially at an
absolute minimum for 2010 in recognition of the currency exchange issues that you are having to deal with
* Price freezing on selected individual titles for libraries that
can commit to continuing to subscribe for 2010-12 (including opt out clauses if your circumstances should change)
* Providing small, focused tailored packages at greatly reduced
prices. For example, if you subscribe to Journal of Endocrinology, Journal of Molecular Endocrinology and Endocrine-Related Cancer, the latter is completely free, saving about one third of the individual prices
* Providing an online archive of to institutional subscribers at
little or no extra cost (depending on the title)

We urge you to support the smaller learned societies that have been supporting you and your academic community for many years to enable them to continue to do so in the future. We realise that cancelling titles from small learned societies may be an easy option, but in the longer term cancelling such journals, which are often high impact and cost-effective, is likely just to exacerbate libraries' budget problems.

We hope that we can rely on you to respond to our concerns as we have responded to yours.

On behalf of:
Society for Endocrinology
European Society of Endocrinology
Society for Reproduction and Fertility

For further details on our policies and pricing for individual titles and packages please contact
Kathryn Spiller
Kathryn.spiller@endocrinology.org