[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Tr: How many (peer reveiwed) journals are there?
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Tr: How many (peer reveiwed) journals are there?
- From: "Sally Morris \(Morris Associates\)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:31:15 EST
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi Joe! The c. 24,000 figure represents current, active, peer-reviewed journals listed in Ulrich's. There may, of course, be more (particularly in languages other than English, which are not well covered in Ulrich's). While publishers' definitions of peer review may vary, they have all asserted that these journals are in some sense peer-reviewed. There are many more in Ulrich's that do not claim to be peer-reviewed. The figure has grown pretty steadily over very many years. I drew together all the information I could find last year in my article, 'Mapping the journal publishing landscape: how much do we know?' (http://dx.doi.org/10.1087/095315107X239654) Sally Morris Consultant, Morris Associates (Publishing Consultancy) Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3UU, UK