Re: second-hand ownership

A lot depends on the agreement you made with the Jerusalem
library, but I would assume that by requesting permission to use
the samples in your article you (and your journal) are not
granted any ownership rights, so if you want to use the samples
again (in a new article) you need to return to the Jerusalem
library. (I'm sure it would *not* constitute fair use for you to
reproduce parts of your article including the samples as this
would contravene part of the Berne 3-step test - i.e. that it
would impinge on "the normal exploitation of the work..")

however it might be worthwhile for you to approach the Jerusalem
library to ask for toll-free use of the samples in your future
articles, on the basis that you have paid once, and are providing
them with promotion.

good luck!
pippa

Pippa Smart
Research Communication and Publishing Consultant
PSP Consulting - www.pspconsulting.org
3 Park Lane, Appleton, Oxon OX13 5JT,UK
Tel: +44 1865 864255
Mob: +44 7775 627688