Job Posting: PUBLISHER, BEPRESS

The Berkeley Electronic Press (bepress) is currently looking for
a Publisher to run our journals division and continue our rapid
growth. You will be ultimately responsible for all aspects of our
journal publishing business: marketing, sales, acquisitions,
policy, and production. Our VP of Journal Sales and our Journal
Director will report to you. The division is running smoothly,
and, as a result, your position will have substantial time for
you to personally work on acquisitions in addition to management,
and possibly some marketing if you have a strength in that area.
You will need to travel extensively to universities and
conferences throughout the U.S. to recruit top academics to found
journals and to find opportunities to acquire underperforming
journals.

Requirements are a proven track record of personally acquiring
successful academic journals, senior-level management experience,
and the ability to lead a technologically innovative operation.
Experience with accounting and prior P&L responsibility is a big
plus, as are comfort and contacts with the library and scholarly
community.  Living in or relocating to the San Francisco Bay Area
is a must.  If you can't do that, please consider our currently
posted job for Acquisitions Editor.

The Berkeley Electronic Press (bepress) currently has over 35
employees and publishes 38 electronic peer-reviewed journals,
primarily in the social sciences (economics and law) with a
growing cluster in STM. Bepress also has a successful software
development and licensing division. We license Digital Commons,
the world's leading hosted institutional repository platform,
ExpressO, the leading submission platform for law review
submission, and EdiKit, a peer-review workflow system.

Journals at bepress feature several innovations in electronic
publishing, including our guest access publishing model (recently
shortlisted for the ALPSP/Charlesworth award for Publishing
Innovation). Edited by leading scholars, including two Nobel
Laureates, the journals are steadily growing in popularity and
selectivity. Revenue is growing at 40% per year, without price
increases.  Submissions have grown at 40% per year for three
years running, while the number of articles published has grown
more slowly as selectivity has increased.

To find out more, visit http://www.bepress.com/journals.

To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to:
Aaron Edlin
Chairman, The Berkeley Electronic Press
aedlin@bepress.com

Applications will be reviewed as they are received.