Re: Are you selling/buying individual PDF's ?

Dear Chuck,

We at the World Bank sell e-books to institutions in two ways:
directly as a subscription-based collection called the World Bank
e-Library (www.worldbank.org/elibrary, which includes over 4,500
e-books and working papers), and as individual e-books through
content aggregators such as Netlibrary, Ebrary, Ingenta, and
others. From what we can see, libraries that are interested in
World Bank publications until recently have tended to buy e-books
in collections rather than individually: either publisher-based
(for example, a subscription to the World Bank e-Library) or
subject-based (for example, a collection in economics with
e-books from multiple publishers from Netlibrary).

We have experimented offering sub-collections of e-books from the
World Bank e-Library (by region or by subject), but we have not
got a single subscriber, while our institutional subscribers to
the whole collection are growing.

So I am not sure how this will evolve, but I suspect these trends
might change and I believe the future will see an increasing
demand of individual e-books.

Cheers,

Valentina Kalk
Rights Manager