RE: Correction (RE: Thatcher vs. Harnad)

Joe Esposito wrote:

"Allow me to share one comment I heard this week from a prominent
economist. He said that the proliferation of copies of articles
on the Internet has made it very time-consuming for him to cite
articles properly."

This may be a problem of so-called 'green' OA, but it doesn't
occur with 'gold' OA, whereby the official, formally published
version is OA, from the moment of publication. Gold OA (OA
publishing) doesn't lower anyone's productivity, and certainly
not in this way.

Jan Velterop