[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Project MUSE Expands OpenURL Linking
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Project MUSE Expands OpenURL Linking
- From: Liblicense-L Listowner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 20:45:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Of possible interestl.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:53:26 -0400
From: Kathleen Obbagy <email@example.com>
Subject: Project MUSE Expands OpenURL Linking
Project MUSE now supports OpenURL 1.0 which provides linking for search results to journals for which no subscription exists. The expanded implementation of OpenURL is part of an ongoing effort by MUSE to provide more options for subscribers and their users. Now, when a user tries to retrieve a MUSE journal not subscribed to by their institution, the institution-supplied link on the turnaway page will point the user to alternative resources for the articles.
An institution must register with MUSE to enable the linking to their OpenURL-compliant linking servers. All institutions are encouraged to provide MUSE with a customized icon and message to display for the link to the institution’s linking server.
NOTE: Institutions that had previously registered with MUSE for OpenURL do not need to register again.
To register and enable links to your OpenURL-compliant linking server for citations retrieved in Project MUSE searches go to the online form Enable OpenURL Links that is found on the For Librarians page, http://muse.jhu.edu/about/librarians.
Please direct any questions regarding this announcement to MUSE Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Outreach and Communications Specialist
- Prev by Date: Announcement: ALCTS Discussion Group, Saturday, June 23: EContent Pricing 2.0
- Next by Date: Re: Science Commons, SPARC Announce New Tools for Scholarly Publishing
- Previous by thread: Announcement: ALCTS Discussion Group, Saturday, June 23: EContent Pricing 2.0
- Next by thread: Re: Science Commons, SPARC Announce New Tools for Scholarly Publishing