INFORMS Offers Additional Years' Volumes to Online Journal Subscribers

Apologies for cross-posting. We encourage our customers who will
be attending the ACRL Conference and Exhibition this week in
Baltimore to stop by Booth 1155 with any questions or comments
about the change in policy in the announcement that follows.
Access to 2001 volumes should be available through our HighWire
Press site as of today. Please contact INFORMS Marketing and PR
Director Barry List (barry.list@informs.org) for further
information.

Hanover, MD, March 26, 2007 - INFORMS today announced that it has
updated its online subscription policy and is providing
institutional online subscribers with additional volumes for the
balance of 2007 and also 2008.

The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
(INFORMS(r)), publisher of 11 highly regarded scholarly journals
and an online open-access journal today announced that it has
updated its online subscription policy and is providing
institutional online subscribers with additional volumes for the
balance of 2007 and 2008. Under the new policy, INFORMS will
offer 2007 and 2008 subscribers access to relevant journal
volumes published back to and including 2001. Previously, 2007
institutional subscribers had access to INFORMS journals
published from 2002 forward. The association is modifying its
rolling wall subscription policy in response to the concerns of
librarians.

Patricia Shaffer, Director of Publications for INFORMS, said
"Some librarians have contacted us about the online subscription
policy of STM academic publishers like INFORMS. We want them to
know that we appreciate the financial pressure on librarians and
that our basic goal has always been to keep INFORMS subscription
prices reasonable while covering our operational costs, including
the growing costs of electronic publishing. We modified our
policy to address these concerns, and to make sure that our
institutional subscribers have access to online volumes that were
included with their subscription last year."

INFORMS is also developing an archival product and policy that
will be compatible with the needs of institutional subscribers
and the association's business model. The archive will cover
electronic versions of many volumes not previously available to
libraries. INFORMS first began publishing in 1952, and the
archives will include all journal issues published since the
society's inception. The association expects to make an
announcement about the new product later this year.

INFORMS publishes 11 print/online scholarly journals: the
flagships Operations Research and Management Science, as well as
Decision Analysis, Information Systems Research, INFORMS Journal
on Computing, Interfaces, Manufacturing & Service Operations
Management, Marketing Science, Mathematics of Operations
Research, Organization Science, and Transportation Science.
INFORMS also publishes the online open-access journal INFORMS
Transactions on Education.

About INFORMS

INFORMS journals are strongly cited in Journal Citation Reports,
an industry source. In the JCR subject category "operations
research and management science," Operations Research and
Management Science ranked in the top 10 along with the INFORMS
Journal on Computing. The special MBA issue published by Business
Week includes the INFORMS journals Operations Research,
Management Science and Information Systems Research in its list
of 20 top academic journals that are used to evaluate business
school programs. Financial Times includes Operations Research,
Management Science, Information Systems Research, and
Organization Science in its list of academic journals used to
evaluate MBA programs.

The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences

(INFORMS(r)) is an international scientific society with 10,000
members, including Nobel Prize laureates, dedicated to applying
scientific methods to help improve decision-making, management,
and operations. Members of INFORMS work in business, government,
and academia. They are represented in fields as diverse as
airlines, health care, law enforcement, the military, financial
engineering, and telecommunications. The INFORMS website is
<http://www.informs.org/>. More information about operations
research is at <http://www.scienceofbetter.org/>.

Patricia S. Shaffer
Director of Publications
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
7240 Parkway Drive, Suite 310, Hanover, MD 21076
(443) 757-3500 ext. 570; Direct line: (443) 757-3570
patricia.shaffer@informs.org     <http://www.informs.org>