[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ALA Seattle: ALCTS SS Journal Costs in Libraries DG Sunday, Jan. 21
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: ALA Seattle: ALCTS SS Journal Costs in Libraries DG Sunday, Jan. 21
- From: "October Ivins" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:02:08 EST
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
ALCTS SS Journal Costs in Libraries DG Sunday, Jan. 21, 4-6 pm Washington State Convention & Trade Center Room 201 Please join the discussion group, which will address several new developments: 1. NISO Working Group to explore the development of a code-of-practice based option for licensing for e-resources. This newly formed group is jointly supported by ARL, ALPSP, SPARC, and SSP. Invitation-only breakfasts will be held during the conference. Come discuss the newest news with co-chairs Karla Hahn and Judy Luther. 2. The Janus Group has identified and is addressing 6 key collection development challenges. Naturally, serials figure large and the PROCON challenge encourages publishers to produce electronic journals. Learn about efforts to support small scholarly publishers from Janus Steering Committee members October Ivins, Jeanne Richardson, and John Saylor. 3. Society for Scholarly Publishing Librarian and Early Career Outreach: SSP offers half price membership and conference attendance to librarians, and is offering travel awards to the June 5-7 conference in San Francisco to students and early career professionals in publishing and librarianship. Discuss SSP with President Judy Luther and Travel Awards Chair Will Wakeling. For more information, please contact Clint Chamberlain Vice-Chair, ALCTS SS Journal Costs in Academic Libraries Discussion Group Assistant Professor, E-Access/Serials Librarian Trinity University, Elizabeth Huth Coates Library One Trinity Place San Antonio, Texas 78212-7200 Office: (210) 999-7613 Fax: (210) 999-8182 Clinton.Chamberlain@trinity.edu (Ms.) October Ivins, MLS Ivins eContent Solutions telephone 781-793-9283 (EST) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prev by Date: ALA PVLR Forum Jan 22: Libraries and University Presses Working Together?
- Next by Date: Is OA (Gold) really a desirable goal for scientific journal publishing?
- Previous by thread: ALA PVLR Forum Jan 22: Libraries and University Presses Working Together?
- Next by thread: Is OA (Gold) really a desirable goal for scientific journal publishing?