RE: Heads up: Nature license and confidentiality

> Transparency is great, right?  The catch is, once you post the
> information, you can't negotiate any terms ever again.

I think you're exaggerating my position here, Joe.  I'm not
arguing that all libraries ought to go out and publicly display
all of their licenses.  But I _am_ arguing that the public has a
right to know (if it wishes to find out) the terms under which
it's spending its money.  And that libraries benefit more from
being able to share information about their negotiations (when
they choose to) than from getting secret deals that may or may
not put them at an advantage over their colleagues.

----
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition
University of Nevada, Reno Libraries