Change to Blackwell journals on IngentaConnect from January 2007

Please be informed that from January 1st 2007, the full text of
articles in Blackwell Publishing journals will no longer be
hosted on IngentaConnect.  Libraries wishing to continue to
provide online access to these journals should activate their
access on Blackwell Synergy (http://www.blackwell-synergy.com).
IngentaConnect will continue to host the metadata for Blackwell
Publishing journals (including the tables of contents and
abstracts) but users wishing to access the full text (in PDF or
HTML format) will be directed to Blackwell Synergy where their
access rights will be validated.  Users whose access is not
validated by Blackwell Synergy will be offered the option to buy
'pay per view' access on IngentaConnect.

Philippa Scoones, Web Publishing Director at Blackwell
Publishing, described the move as an extension of the partnership
between Ingenta and Blackwell.  "We have worked closely with
Ingenta for almost ten years and they have successfully provided
access to our journals online to a good number of library
customers.  As we develop our own online journals platform,
Blackwell Synergy, to be the primary source for searching and
linking to Blackwell content, we want to be sure that all our
customers benefit by linking through to the full text on
Synergy".

- What Library Administrators Need to Do -

Customers who have not yet activated their account on Blackwell
Synergy should do so before the end of December 2006 in order to
ensure a seamless transition with no loss of access for you or
your users.  If you have not yet received activation
instructions, please send an email directly to
Dean.Martin@oxon.blackwellpublishing.com providing the following
information:

*	Your name and email address
*	Your institution's name and addresses of all the main sites
 	covered by your library
*	Your Blackwell Customer ID(s), if you know them
*	List of the Blackwell journals you have a subscription to

We will then send you detailed instructions for activating and
administering your institutional access to subscribed to journals
via Blackwell Synergy.  You should find these instructions easy
to follow, but if not, our customer service team will be
available to help with this transition.  Please email
Dean.Martin@oxon.blackwellpublishing.com directly, or call your
nearest Blackwell office: +44 (0) 1865 778315 UK, +65 6511 8000
Singapore, and 1-800-835-6770 or 1-781-388-8200 for customers in
the Americas.

You do not need to change your links for Blackwell Publishing
journals from IngentaConnect to Blackwell Synergy, although you
may find it preferable to do so.  You will find more information
about our OpenURL resolver here:
http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/help?context=info_linkingSynergy

- About Online Journals from Blackwell Publishing -

All institutional subscriptions to Blackwell Publishing journals
include an element of online access.  For the first time in 2007,
standard print subscriptions will include online access to the
current and two previous years' content, increased from the one
year previously offered.  Premium subscriptions include print
plus online access to current content, content dating back to
January 1st 1997, and OnlineEarly articles published online
before print.  Online Only subscriptions include the same access
rights as Premium.  Both Premium and Online Only subscriptions
include archival rights to paid-for content.

- What Online Access via Blackwell Synergy Offers -

Libraries which provide online access to Blackwell journals
through Blackwell Synergy (http://www.blackwell-synergy.com) are
offering the optimum service for their patrons.  For example,
OnlineEarly content (now available for 250 journals) is only
provided on Blackwell Synergy. Your users will also have access
to a highly linked feature-rich research environment where the
articles are available in both full-text HTML as well as PDF
versions, rather than just the PDF available on other platforms.
In addition it is only on Blackwell Synergy that your users will
be able to access Online Open author-pays articles as they are
published.

Blackwell Synergy will relaunch with a new look at the beginning of
2007.  More information will follow.

* Blackwell Synergy features for researchers:

*	Customized homepage with favorite journals and articles
*	CrossRef linking taking readers immediately to cited articles in
 	other publishers' journals using DOIs
*	Links taking readers to and from abstracts in ISI Web of Science
 	and other abstracting and indexing databases:  Blackwell
 	has electronic links with over 200 A+I databases
*	Forward links to articles that cite the article being read, not
 	just in Synergy but in other publishers' journals via CrossRef
*	Links within articles (e.g. from text citation to reference
 	lists, figures, and tables)
*	Search: Searching options include a simple search, advanced
 	search, article-level search, CrossRef searches and Saved Search.
*	Email alerts: tables of contents, research alerts for new
 	articles matching user's search criteria, citation alerts, and
 	OnlineEarly alerts
*	All types of alerts are also available as RSS or Atom newsfeeds
 	without the need to register on Synergy.
*	Article references downloadable into reference management
 	software including EndNote, BibTex, ProCite, Reference
 	Manager and RefWorks
*	Ability to purchase individual articles using pay-per-view if
 	the user's library does not subscribe

* Blackwell Synergy features for librarians:

*	Daily updated COUNTER-compliant usage data, available in .txt,
 	.htm, and XML formats
*	Self-service IP and remote username and password administration
*	Single sign-on Athens access
*	Easy OPAC integration with a downloadable SFX-compatible
 	holdings file and permanent urls at journal and article levels
*	Marc21 records available to download
*	OpenURL linking supported
*	Upload the library's logo to appear on every page of the site
*	Z39.50 compliance

To keep up-to-date on the latest developments with Blackwell
Synergy and the journals from Blackwell Publishing, please sign
up for our regular Librarians' Newsletter by visiting:
http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/librarians

We will be sending further reminders about this change over the
next few months.  If you have any questions, please email me
directly on Emily.Gillingham@oxon.blackwellpublishing.com

Best wishes,
Emily
____________

Emily Gillingham
Library Marketing and Communications Manager
Blackwell Publishing
9600 Garsington Road, Oxford OX4 2DQ, UK
Tel: +44 1865 476425
Fax: +44 1865 471425
Email: emily.gillingham@oxon.blackwellpublishing.com
For online journals, visit www.blackwell-synergy.com