[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- From: Liblicense-L Listowner <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:09:56 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Subject: Alternatives to licensing
[MOD NOTE: See also the "short form" license on the LIBLICENSE web site, at: <http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/modlic.shtml>
I wonder if you could post the following survey for me.
(Please excuse cross posting)
I'd like to invite you to participate in a very brief survey on licensing:
Librarians - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=684101858013
The survey should take only 5 to 10 minutes. There are two sections: a 9-question section for Librarians, and a 7-question section for Publishers. The deadline for completion is Friday, March 17, 2006.
Results will be discussed in the session "Alternatives to Licensing: Re-Imagining Agreement" presented during the upcoming Electronic Resources and Libraries Conference (March 23-25: http://www.electroniclibrarian.org/conf2006/schedule.htm)
Judy Luther, of Informed Strategies, and I have been in conversation with publishers and librarians about the feasibility of developing a Best Practices document that could, at least in some circumstances, substitute for a site license. This short survey is designed to provide some background information on how libraries and publishers regard licenses, and how much of a bottleneck to access licensing might be.
We hope you are able to take a few minutes to complete the survey. If you have a continuing interest in the topic, we invite you to contact us and join in the conversation.
Our Contact Information:
Judy Luther MLS, MBA
Selden Durgom Lamoureux
Electronic Resources Librarian, Acquisitions Department
CB#3938, Davis Library, University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27514-8890 U.S.A.
phone: (919) 962-1067 Fax: (919) 962-4450
- Prev by Date: RE: Announcment: Oxford Journals signs archive agreement with Portico
- Next by Date: EU digitization project in CHE
- Previous by thread: RE: Announcment: Oxford Journals signs archive agreement with Portico
- Next by thread: EU digitization project in CHE