Urgent Request

'Tis the season to be... dunned.  Ann has graciously allowed me to post
the following message to the list.  Apologies for the shameless
mendicancy.  Please ignore if the request is unwelcome.

Many list members have given moral and other support to Creative Commons
www.creativecommons.org. We are now asking for another kind of support.

CC is facing the need to meet the IRS's "public support" test.  At stake
is its charitable status.  We have received generous Foundation support,
but need to show a more diverse donor base.  The deadline is December 31
and we have a way to go.  Donations in any amount would be welcome, and if
done soon, each dollar will be matched by a challenge donor. You can do it
online at http://creativecommons.org/support/

(You even get a surprising variety of merchandise for doing so -- I guess
this is part of the new philanthropy) Thanks, and apologies for
interrupting you at this busy time of year just to ask for money.

Best,
Mike

(PS any questions, responses etc. should be only sent to me off-list)

Michael W. Carroll
Associate Professor of Law
Villanova University School of Law
299 N. Spring Mill Road