[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
National Archive Publishing, Inc.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: National Archive Publishing, Inc.
- From: Ann Okerson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 19:05:19 EST
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the recent announcement from ProQuest, please see the item below: _________________________ http://www.knowledgespeak.com/newsArchieveview.asp?intMonth=11&intYear=2005 ProQuest investors and executive buy units to form new business - 03 Nov 2005 A group of investors and executives from ProQuest Co., US, have acquired three existing business operations from ProQuest Information and Learning to form a new company called National Archive Publishing Co. (NAPC). The businesses acquired include UMI Periodicals in Microform, which produces microfilms of over 18,000 periodicals for libraries and universities; XanEdu, which brings out college course packets; and ProQuest's microfilm manufacturing and digitising services. NAPC will continue to provide the existing services, which includes digitising books and other reference works. The company is led by publishing executives experienced in the domains of library and higher education. The deal was led by Dan Arbour, former vice president of North American sales for ProQuest Information and Learning. Under the deal, 350 ProQuest employees of the respective divisions will become workers of NAPC. ProQuest will continue to work as publisher of the materials, maintaining the copyrights. NAPC has also acquired ProQuest's corporate headquarters at the Scio Township as part of the sale. ProQuest operations at Wooster (Ohio), Louisville (Kentucky) and Boston, which together employ not more than 100 people, will also be taken over by NAPC. Financial details of the sale were not disclosed. Copyright 2005, KnowledgeSpeak.com
- Prev by Date: Taylor & Francis announces pricing for Physics & Chemistry Online Archives
- Next by Date: Re: Press release: Dramatic rise in number of authors publishing in open access journals
- Previous by thread: Taylor & Francis announces pricing for Physics & Chemistry Online Archives
- Next by thread: News release: Xrefer Signs Omnigraphics as Publishing Partner