Re: ALA titles-password

At L&A we discontinue titles if they convert to electronic only with
access tied to a password as they are no longer available to the whole
firm . If an individual wishes subscribe we will handle it for them with
the appropiate notations in the catalog.

I do not see where this type of publication would be of much use to public
or private libraries that need to be able to provide access to multiple
users.

Sincerely

Becky Wentz
Librarian
Lukins & Annis p.s.
717 W. Sprague Ave, Suite 1600
Spokane, WA 99201
509-242-2215 Fax 509-747-7362

>>> cahamake@email.uncc.edu 8/9/2005 2:51 PM >>>

We've been informed from talking with ALA that the ALCTS newsletter and
the ALA Handbook of Organization are no longer available in print, they
are electronic only, but only available with a password and login id.

What are other libraries doing about with these titles? Are there other
titles from ALA in the same situation? As a general policy, we do not
register e-titles that are only available via passwords.

Chuck Hamaker Associate University Librarian Collections and Technical
Services Atkins Library University of North Carolina Charlotte Charlotte,
NC 28223 phone 704 687-2825