New Emerald website available week commencing 8 August 2005

Apologies for Cross-posting

This is an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT regarding the launch of Emerald Group
Publishing's new web site for product and service delivery.

INSIGHT - The new Emerald website will be available week commencing 8
August 2005.

Thank you to everyone who helped preview Insight, this has enabled us to
ensure that Insight is ready for launch. We are very pleased to confirm
that the new Emerald website will be launched this week. This is to ensure
that the new website is in place well before the new student intake takes
place for the majority of our customers in September.

We intend to resolve the www.emeraldinsight.com URL to the new website
later today, but this may take up to 48 hours to propagate across the
Internet.

You will be able to access your subscriptions using your usual
authentication methods. All of your IP address, referring URL, username
and password information has been migrated to the new service.  However,
there may be a period of disruption for users of Athens authentication as
we cannot perfectly time the changes Athens need to make to their systems
with the DNS changes required to point www.emeraldinsight.com to the new
service.

All existing URL links into Emerald journals and databases will be
maintained and will be fully operational.

You may access the Admin functionality on the new Insight platform by
using your pre-existing Emerald ID as your username and Manager Password
as your password. If you are unsure of your Emerald ID and Manager
Password, please contact our support helpdesk at
mailto:support@emeraldinsight.com.

****

We would like to take this opportunity to point out the support
resources that are available on the new site. Context sensitive help is
available from the right-hand menus on the login, search, browse and the
administration pages. For further help please click on the 'Help' link
at the top of all pages. We hope that you find these resources useful,
and we urge you to check these for updates in the future.

****

The usage statistics package for the new site is still under
development, as we are in the process of migrating all the usage data
from the old site onto Insight. This cannot be completed until after all
users have ceased to use the old service.

Until usage statistics are functioning on the new site, you may continue
to access reports for your organisation via:

http://old.emeraldinsight.com/stats

****

We are aware you may have some detailed questions you would like
answered regarding the launch of the new Emerald website. Please do not
hesitate to contact Emerald Customer Support:

mailto:support@emeraldinsight.com

The helpdesk team are available to answer all administrative and
technical support inquiries and can be additionally contacted via
telephone on +44 (0)1274 785278. The UK office hours are from 8.00 until
17.00 (currently GMT +1h).

****

Insight has undergone extensive testing and we therefore do not
anticipate any major problems with your accessing of your subscriptions
after the new service is launched. However, if you do experience any
problems the old service will remain available at least until the end of
August at:

http://old.emeraldinsight.com/

If for any reason you need to use this contingency, please do contact us
with full details of the problems you are experiencing.

---

Kind regards,

Paul Evans
Head of Web Services