[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Open Access and For-Pay Access (to the same IR materials)
- To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: Open Access and For-Pay Access (to the same IR materials)
- From: "Mcsean, Tony (ELS)" <T.Mcsean@elsevier.com>
- Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 22:39:34 EDT
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
According to the shorter OED, sedition is inciting people to overthrow constituted authority while treason is rolling up your sleeves and doing it yourself. As information workers we presumably lean towards the former, however it might present itself. Tony Tony McSe�n Director of Library Relations Elsevier +44 7795 960516 +44 1865 843630 -----Original Message----- From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Mark Funk Sent: 30 April 2005 12:00 To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Re: Open Access and For-Pay Access (to the same IR materials) Open Access means sloppy publications? "The impact factors of nearly 200 open-access journals are similar to those of traditional journals in the same fields, according to a recent Thomson ISI report. The 58 open-access medical journals that receive impact factors fell, on average, at the 40th percentile of all medical journals, with all but 11 ranking higher than the 10th percentile. For life sciences journals, the 37 open-access journals were ranked, on average, at the 39th percentile." http://www.biomedcentral.com/news/20040427/05/ http://www.isinet.com/media/presentrep/acropdf/impact-oa-journals.pdf Open Access is treasonous? Does the Attorney General know this? Mark Funk Head, Collection Development Weill Cornell Medical Library 1300 York Avenue New York, NY 10021 email@example.com
- Prev by Date: RE: Open Access means sloppy publications?
- Next by Date: RE: Open Access means sloppy publications?
- Previous by thread: Re: Open Access and For-Pay Access (to the same IR materials)
- Next by thread: RE: Open Access and For-Pay Access (to the same IR materials)