Re: Open Access and For-Pay Access (to the same IR materials)

First, an apology to Brian Simboli, who sent me the link to the "overlay"
experiment at Lehigh sometime ago, but the message got lost in email
clutter.

I think the overlay model is innovative and well worth investigating.  It
is not the only creative idea in this area, of course, but the good news
is that we can expect an enormous number of new approaches to research
publishing in the years ahead.  The economic incentives in Mr. Simboli's
plan will inspire creativity.  And that is the point, is it not?  Not open
or closed or free or toll, but innovative?  And if economic incentives add
shoulders to the wheel, why would anyone push them aside?

Joe Esposito