ebrary offers 1 year free access to Library Science Collection

ebrary Supports National Library Week, Provides ALA Members with Free Access to Library Science Collection

The American Libraries archive now seamlessly integrates with more than 55
full-text books through ebrary InfoTools

April 7, 2005 Palo Alto, CA In honor of National Library Week, April
10-16, 2005, ebrary (<http://www.ebrary.com/>www.ebrary.com), a leading
information services and technology provider, today announced that it is
offering American Library Association (ALA) members free access to a
unique collection of more than 55 library science titles for a one-year
term. The collection is seamlessly integrated with the American Libraries
digital archive, enabling ALA members to extend their knowledge and
research. The American Libraries digital archive is available today at
<http://site.ebrary.com/lib/ala>http://site.ebrary.com/lib/ala.

Published by ALA, American Libraries is one of the industrys leading trade
magazines available to all 64,000 ALA members. Both the American Libraries
digital archive and ebrarys Library Science collection are delivered using
ebrarys Dynamic Content Platform (DCP). ebrarys DCP combines authoritative
content with sophisticated research technology including the ebrary
Reader, which optimizes page-by-page viewing of PDF documents, and
InfoTools, which seamlessly links search queries to multiple online
databases and information on the Web.

ebrary's Library Science collection will greatly enhance the American
Libraries digital archive, and the project is a great way to help endorse
National Library Week, said Leonard Kniffel, editor and publisher of
American Libraries. By selecting any word or phrase in an American
Libraries digital edition, our members can instantly search across ebrarys
titles from leading publishers using the Search Library Science Collection
item on the InfoTools menu. Additionally, they may take advantage of many
other InfoTools functions including full-text searching across the
American Libraries archive, linking to resources on the Web such as
dictionaries, encyclopedias, and maps, and highlighting text that is
stored on a personal bookshelf for future reference.

We are proud to partner with ALA and American Libraries to show our
support for National Library Week, said David Bass, ebrarys SVP of Sales &
Marketing. Librarians and their staff make enormous contributions to our
schools, colleges, and the community in general. We hope that by offering
access to our collection of digital books relevant to librarianship and
library science, we can help with the greater cause.

About ALA

American Libraries is the magazine of the American Library Association,
the oldest and largest library association in the world, with more than
64,000 members.

About ebrary

ebrary provides technology solutions and information services that
students, employees, patrons, and staff need to be more productive,
competitive, and knowledgeable.

####